The Finadium Conference
Open to the public
March 5, 2013
Online registration for the conference has closed.
One Hanover Square
New York, NY 10004
To register, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-978-318-0920.
The Finadium 2012 Conference, postponed due to Hurricane Sandy, has been rescheduled for March 5, 2013. Please join us for an informative and idea-filled day.
Why attend the Finadium Conference?
Now in its seventh year, the Finadium conference is about leading ideas in securities finance, collateral management and custody. Hear from asset managers, prime brokers, securities lending and collateral management professionals on best practices and emerging trends in the securities finance and asset servicing markets.
The event also features highlights of topics and data from Finadium's independent research reports.
Lunch will be provided and networking is encouraged.
*CFA Institute has approved this program, offered by Finadium, for 5 CE credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.
|7:45am - 8:30am
Registration and Breakfast
|8:30am - 9:15am
||A New Kind of Unpredictability in Securities Lending, Collateral Management and Repo
Josh Galper, Conference Chair
- Collateral transformations, CCPs and securities lending
- Updates and reactions by market actors to regulatory change
- Sizing the markets and what happens next
|9:15am - 10:15am
Securities Lending: Opportunities and Challenges for the Next Two Years
- Although major parts of Basel III have been delayed, has the securities lending industry already adjusted for change?
- What are the prospects for beneficial owners, hedge fund borrowers and intermediaries?
- Will changes to indemnification make, break or have no impact on the securities lending business?
- Should securities lending have a Trade Repository, a CCP, nothing or something else?
Josh Galper, Managing Principal
Patrick Morrissey, Global Head Trader - Securities Lending
The Vanguard Group
Thomas Wissbach, Senior Vice President
Bill Kelly, Managing Director, Securities Lending
|10:15am - 10:30am
|10:30am - 11:00am
Prime Custody: A Structural Change in the Market
Thomas Levings, Director, Prime Custody, North America
|11:00am - 11:30am
ActiveRegulator: A New Way to Manage Regulatory Information in Operations, Investments, Legal and Compliance
Albert Kurland, CEO
Active Investment Technology
|11:30am - 12:30pm
The Brave New World of Repo
- What are the prospects for the repo market?
- Will less liquid repo survive following Basel III and the Liquidity Coverage Ratio?
- Should there be an exchange or CCP for repo?
- How can money market funds continue to actively support the repo markets, and what could be a substitute?
Jonathan Cooper, Senior Consultant
Sean Dillon, Senior Portfolio Manager and Head of Repo Trading
State Street Global Advisors
Oscar Heuttner, Global Product Manager
Andrew Amstutz, Former Global Head of Liquidity Management
Citi Prime Finance
Jason Van Praagh, Partner, Investment Management
|12:30pm - 1:30pm
Lunch and Networking
|1:30pm - 2:30pm
The Growth of a US Collateral Management Culture
- Who wins and who loses in the current collateral management environment?
- Technology vendors vs. outsourcing vs. insourcing
- Tri-party repo and the infrastructure of collateral management
- The race to build out collateral services and networks
- Is collateral optimization the next big market opportunity?
Josh Galper, Managing Principal
David Little, Director
Jason Manske, Senior Managing Director
and Head of Rates, Currency and Equity Unit
Jason Orben, Managing Director
J.P. Morgan Worldwide Securities Services
Dan McNavich, Principal Consultant, Collateral Management Services